Monday, April 06, 2015

First Job

I'm 16 and a sophomore in highschool. A few days ago I was called and finally was accepted for a job. Now it wasn't the normal fast food job many teens have at my age. I'm in the food service but I'll be working at a hospital. I would be the one getting the trays ready and maybe even delivering them to the patients. It took a month or two after two interviews and waiting for a spot to open but I finally got the call.

Now at first I didn't wanna job but now that I think about it, it's probably the best. I will be able to buy my own things and I'll be able to save up for importent things like a car and college.

Now if you think about it at first we will all hate it. Balancing all the work from school then a job but think about it. You will have your own money. Money you worked for. Money you are able to use how you want. Sure your parents are gonna take some but it's to make sure you don't use it all on things that aren't that important.  

But once you get the job call or email you don't start right then and there. There are gonna be jobs where you have to go in and learn about everything which is what I have to do. I also have to go in for a drug test and a physical then of course a background test. Since I would be working with the sick and working in a hospital I understand this all. But when I start I won't be clueless or at least helpless. My sister works there so if I ever have questions I can go talk to her.

She works in a different department in the food service but she started off where I'll be joining plus I think I'll have a few friends when I start since everyone likes my sister and are excited her sister is joining too.

I can't really hate on anything. The pay is awesome for just a part time job. $9.10 an hour and I'll only be working 16 hours. To me this is probably the best since well it's easier then fast food I guess and it would be a great kick off for trying to be a vet. I have to be able to talk to many people and get along with them.

So don't be scared to jump into a job. It can help major and guess what. It means you can look into being able to buy new things. Maybe a new phone or laptop. I know if I get enough I'll try and get a newer phone. Probably not an IPhone but hopefully upgrade to something better then the phone now.

So go for it. It's better then having nothing else to do. I know since I mainly do a few things in the summer and my friends have a job too so we won't be hanging much. I'd rather be doing something and getting money for it then kinda hiding in my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment